Many institutes, universities and independent organizations provide Career Development Scholarship to support students in the completion of their schooling & higher education. Career Development Scholarship is like a financial aid given to needy, merited and deserving students as per the varying criteria by different organizations in managing expenses related to their education.
Career Development Scholarship by Sakal India Foundation
Sakal India Foundation has been working to empower students with Scholarships, Education Loans and Career Mentoring since 1959. The idea of setting up this organisation was to encourage meritorious students from a weak financial background with grants and scholarships to pursue higher education.
To carry through the idea of helping deserving students from financially weaker backgrounds, SIF started their Career Development Scholarship over three decades ago. Till now, SIF has granted Career Development Scholarship to thousands of students with outstanding merit.
Eligibility Criteria for Career Development Scholarship
We offer Career Development Scholarship to brilliant students who are not able to meet the complete expenses of their education. CDS scheme will cover students from class 11th to Post-Graduation. The current beneficiary students can renew their scholarships till the Post-Graduation level. The basic eligibility criteria are the academic excellence and achievements of the students.
The necessary eligibility criteria for CDS that the candidates need to fulfil to get consent for the grant are listed out here:
- The candidate applying for CDS must be a resident of India.
- The candidate must have a validated admission letter.
- The candidate must have completed 10th class or above class to qualify for this scheme.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 85% marks in aggregate in the previous class i.e. 10th or 12th class and be good in co-curricular & extracurricular activities.
- The candidate must have to submit the family income proof.
|Academic Record||Minimum 85% Marks|
|Qualification||Completed 10th class or 12th class|
|University Applied to||Recognised – In India|
Who Can Apply for Career Development Scholarship from India?
Candidate from a lower family income group, having an aggregate of a minimum of 85% in the previous class, completed 10th class or above with a good record in co-curricular & extracurricular activities.
Courses for Which Career Development Scholarship is Given
In 1984 SIF began Career Development Scholarship (CDS) scheme for meritorious students to encourage them to complete their higher education. Under CDS, we continue the Scholarship until the completion of higher education.
- Scholarship for 11th class students in Maharashtra.
- Scholarship for 12th class students in Maharashtra.
- Scholarship for diploma students in Maharashtra.
- Scholarship for undergraduate students in Maharashtra.
- Scholarship for graduate students in Maharashtra.
- Scholarship for post-graduate students in Maharashtra.
The procedure of Selecting the Candidates for Career Development Scholarship
he candidate must go from the following stages of the selection process:
- Must submit the application form within the stipulated time (Registration on SIF portal).
- The application form will be examined by an expert committee of SIF.
- Selection through the final assessment by the trustees of SIF.
Documents Required for Career Development Scholarship
The mandatory documents that a student needs to upload to SIF website while applying for CDS are:
- Duly filled application form with affixed photographs.
- Copy of exam mark sheets of latest academic certificate.
- Co-curricular & Extracurricular certificates.
- Family Income proof.
- Aadhaar Card and Pan Card of the Student and Parent/ Guardian.
Amount of Career Development Scholarship
Scholarship amounts from class 11th to Post-Graduation:
- Scholarship amount For 11th Class: ₹ 5,000/-
- Scholarship amount For 12th Class: ₹ 5,000/-
- Scholarship amount For Graduation: ₹ 8,000/-
- Scholarship amount For Post-Graduation: ₹ 10,000/-
Method of Career Development Scholarship
Whether Scholarship is grant or reimbursement
It’s a Grant.
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is for 1 year. But students can renew their scholarship till the completion of post-graduation.
When you can apply for Career Development Scholarship?
Post completion of SSC/HSC exam with minimum 85%.
How You Can Apply For This Scholarship?
Online registration through the SIF portal.
Sakal India Foundation (SIF) is one of the trustable NGOs that has been working for Education and Children for the last six decades. Sakal India Foundation has grant scholarships and financial aid as a gift to thousands of students, teachers, professionals, social workers with outstanding merit, including potential for leadership, for higher studies in India and abroad irrespective of their caste, creed, sex, and religion.
Any donation, big or small, can help a child in need! You can make a difference by empowering life with education.