The funds you spend on your education are much more of an investment than an expense. An education loan is the best investment to secure the future & career with a better education. And the best thing about education loans is they do not require any collateral. The loan is provided based on the excellence of the student and the future capacity of earnings.
Education loans can help you in grabbing those educational opportunities if a shortage of funds is the only thing stopping you. There are various benefits that you get access to when you take an education loan. But, it can nevertheless be a liability on the student, and here the importance of those education loans increases, which comes with zero interest.
The main benefits of taking an Interest-Free education loan are as follows:
- Less Liability as compared to the conventional education loan.
- Parent's savings can be saved for necessary household expenses.
- Helps in coping with other immediate funds emergencies.
- Repayment of loans on time builds good credit history.
- Education loans instill a sense of responsibility.
Interest-Free Loan Scholarship by Sakal India Foundation
Sakal India Foundation has been working to empower students with Scholarships, Interest-Free Education Loans and Career Mentoring since 1959. The idea of setting up this organisation was to encourage meritorious students from a weak financial background with grants and scholarships to pursue higher education.
SIF has granted Interest-Free Loan Scholarships to thousands of students and professionals with outstanding merit for higher studies in India and abroad irrespective of their caste, creed, sex, and religion.
Eligibility Criteria for Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
We offer Interest-Free Loans to brilliant students who are not able to meet the complete expenses of their higher education. The basic eligibility criteria are the academic excellence and achievements of the learners.
The necessary loan scholarship eligibility criteria that the candidates need to fulfil to get consent for the loan are listed out here:
- The candidate applying for a SIF Interest-Free loan must be a resident of India.
- The candidate must have a validated admission letter in recognised educational institutes in India ( In case of PhD) or abroad.
- The candidate must be undergoing a graduate/postgraduate degree or a PG diploma.
|Graduate/Postgraduate degree or PG Diploma
|University Applied to
|Recognised – In India/Abroad
Who Can Apply for an Interest-Free Loan Scholarship from India?
Any Indian who wants to pursue a Masters/Postgraduate degree in foreign universities can apply for this loan. Recently, the Interest-Free Loan Scholarships also extended to students pursuing research leading to a PhD in India. The candidate must have an excellent academic record.
Courses for Which Interest-Free Education Loan Scholarship is Given
- Students pursuing higher education (M.S., PhD) abroad.
- Students pursuing research leading to a PhD in India.
The procedure of Selecting the Candidate for Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
The candidate must go from the following stages of the selection process:
- Online Registration (SIF portal).
- Selection through an interview by Expert Committee.
Documents Required for Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
The mandatory documents that a student needs to upload on SIF website while applying for a loan are:
- Duly filled online application form with affixed photographs.
- Copy of exam mark sheets of 10th/12th and latest education certificate.
- Statement of course expenses/cost of study.
- Aadhaar Card and Pan Card of the Student and Parent/ Guardian.
Amount of Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
Loan Amount: ₹ 1,00,000/-
Method of Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
Duration of Scholarship
The duration of the Interest-Free Loan Scholarship is 2 Years.
Any conditions that need to be undertaken by the Candidates?
The candidate must repay the loan amount within 2 years.
When you can apply for an Interest-Free Loan Scholarship
Anyone who is going abroad to pursue their higher education.
How You Can Apply For This Scholarship?
Online through the SIF portal.
Sakal India Foundation (SIF) is one of the trustable NGOs that has been working for Education and Children for the last six decades. Sakal India Foundation has grant scholarships and financial aid as a gift to thousands of students, teachers, professionals, social workers with outstanding merit, including potential for leadership, for higher studies in India and abroad irrespective of their caste, creed, sex, and religion.
Any donation, big or small, can help a child in need! You can make a difference by empowering life with education.