- Sakal India Foundation
- December 20, 2021
What is BBA – Introduction
The full form of BBA is Bachelor of Business Administration. BBA is one of the most famous bachelor’s degree programmes pursued after Class 12. It is a three-year undergraduate business management course that imparts managerial and entrepreneurial skills to students through BBA Subjects. Students can pursue BBA with various specializations such as Finance, Marketing and HR Management, etc. This course is available for students from all streams like Arts, Science and Commerce.
The BBA programme is the gateway to various job opportunities in many sectors such as Sales, Marketing, Education, Finance, and Government, etc.
BBA Course Key Highlights
Students can pursue a BBA programme in full-time, correspondence and online mode of education.
Have a look at some vital facts about the BBA course in the table given below:
|BBA Full Form||Bachelor of Business Administration|
|BBA Course Level||Undergraduate|
|BBA Duration||3 Years|
|BBA Eligibility||Pass 10+2 in any stream from a recognised university|
|BBA Course Average Fee||₹ 50,000 to ₹ 2 lakh and above|
|BBA Examination Type||Full-time BBA, Part-time BBA, Distance/ Correspondence BBA, Online BBA|
|BBA Admission Process||Entrance Based and Merit-Based|
|BBA Average Starting Salary||₹ 3 LPA – ₹ 5 LPA|
|BBA Top Recruiting Companies||TCS, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Deloitte, Hindustan Unilever, ICICI Bank, Sony, etc.|
Benefits of Choosing BBA?
BBA is the perfect option for students who wish to build a career in the management or business fields after Class 12. With the tremendous competition in the business and corporate world, students need to have strong leadership and managerial skills if they wish to have a great career in the field. A student who pursues BBA will have a vast range of job opportunities after graduation.
Here are a few reasons why you should pursue BBA after class 12:
- A stepping stone to your career in business management.
- Better career opportunities.
- Good salary.
- A good sense of market requirements & trends.
- The course will impart the knowledge of business management that will help you in your career.
- Develop leadership, managerial, entrepreneurial and people skills.
Future Scope of BBA Course in India
Aspirants generally opt for MBA after completion of BBA. But the candidates can also choose to explore jobs in various fields such as banking, real estate management, business consultancies, marketing, manufacturing and Government sectors, etc.
Some major job profiles one can opt for after completion of BBA are as follows:
- Human Resource Executive: The responsibility of an HR Executive includes ensuring that the HR programmes administered and the objectives remain consistent with standard benchmarks. Planning, advising on HR strategies and overseeing human asset activities such as enrollment and pay is the key responsibility of an HR Executive.
- Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive is responsible for promoting the organisation’s products, competitive analysis, and establishing objectives and targets for marketing activities.
- Marketing Manager: A marketing manager’s main job role is to promote a business, product, or service of a company. They have to collaborate with product managers to execute promotional strategies. The Marketing Managers are also expected to conduct market research studies & analyze their findings.
- Sales Executive: The Sales Executive is expected to design and implement strategies to increase company sales revenue and expand the company market share.
- Research and Development Manager: An R&D Manager supervises and manages the development & research programmes of a company to meet the company’s requirements. The role of an R&D Manager is to estimate the scope of research projects & make sure that they are delivered on time.
BBA course is a three years degree undergraduate course. BBA helps develop the entrepreneurship skills of the candidates. BBA combines business-related courses that allow specialization in marketing, finance and HR management.
BBA Average Fees In India
BBA course fees structure usually depends on factors such as infrastructure, learning facilities, recognition & awards, extracurricular activities, campus amenities, and placement assistance facilitated by the institutes or universities. So the fee structure will always differ. But the average annual fee structure of any recognized college or university in India starts from ₹ 50,000 to ₹ 2 Lakhs and above.
BBA Eligibility Criteria In India
Eligibility criteria for students:
- Students from any stream who have finished their class 12 from a recognised university can pursue a BBA course.
- Students can apply for BBA who have attained a minimum of 50% aggregate and above in Class 12.
- If a student has appeared for the Class 12 exam and is waiting for the result can apply for BBA.
BBA Admission Process in India
Generally, admission to BBA is granted based on an entrance test conducted by the institute/university offering the course. Also, few institutes conduct Group Discussions and Personal Interview rounds after the entrance exam. The final admission is granted to candidates based on their scores obtained in the Qualifying Examination, Entrance Test, and GD-PI.
Average Salary After BBA in India
BBA course aimed at management and administration, entry-level jobs that can lead to management and administrative positions after gaining the right experience. These entry-level jobs also attract a handsome salary, better than most bachelor-level degree jobs. The average starting salary for a BBA graduate in India is ₹ 2 – ₹ 7 LPA. The candidate can gain a substantial increase in salary with experience and promotions.
Top BBA Specializations in India
Some of the popular BBA specializations are listed below:
- BBA Finance
- BBA in Banking and Insurance
- BBA Information Technology
- BBA Human Resource
- BBA Marketing
- BBA Communication and Media Management
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA Hospitality and Hotel Management
- BBA Hospital and Healthcare Management
BBA Course Syllabus and Subjects
The syllabus of BBA is divided into six semesters.
The BBA syllabus broadly consists of BBA subjects such as Business Organisation, Business Communication, Fundamentals of Accounting, Business Mathematics, Management Concepts and Practices, Organisational Behavior, Managerial Economics, Management Accounting, Business Environment, Business Statics, Marketing Management, etc.
Career Opportunities After BBA
Students have three significant career options after their BBA course. Students can opt for a master’s degree, start a new business, or opt for a job.
- Jobs: The prompt step taken by students is getting a job after completing their BBA course. It is always good to have job experience, and it is a compulsory requirement in many Executive MBA programs.
- Masters Degree: BBA students generally pursue MBA programmes, which is professional master’s degree course. It is a worthwhile choice for BBA students to pursue MBA who already know the concepts related to business management and administration.
- Business After BBA: Many students take over their family business or start a new business after pursuing BBA. This is a result of the skills earned by them during their BBA course.
Top Employer for BBA Graduates in India
|Government Organization||Private Organization|
|Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)||Tata Consultancy Service|
|Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)||Capgemini|
|Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL)||Genpact|
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)||IBM|
|National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)||Infosys|
|Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)||HDFC|
|Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)||Microsoft|
|Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)||Deloitte|
BBA Related FAQs
1. Which Is Better BBA OR B.Com?
Both B.Com & BBA offer similar career opportunities. BBA might be a more suitable option if a student is keen to pursue an MBA in future. But if the student is interested in pursuing a career as a CA, CS or CFA, B.Com is a better option for that student.
2. Is BBA A Good Course?
Yes, BBA is a professional degree with lucrative career opportunities for candidates in finance, marketing and HR.
3. Can Arts Students Do BBA?
Yes, students from any stream can apply for BBA.
4. Is BBA A Professional Course?
Yes, BBA is a professional degree for students who are serious about getting into careers in business and management.
5. Is There Any Entrance Exam For BBA?
Many institutes offer BBA courses based on a student’s merit, but most BBA institutes give admission to students in India based on their performance & BBA entrance test score. Some of the famous BBA entrance exams are listed below:
- GGSIPU CET
- DU JAT
- AIMA UGAT
- IPU CET
- BHU UET
Are You Looking For Interest-Free Loan Scholarship to Study Abroad?
Sakal India Foundation has been working for Student welfare, Educational Aid, and Mentoring for almost six decades. Interest-Free Loan Scholarship is one of the main initiatives of SIF to encourage students to pursue high-quality higher education abroad.
SIF offer an interest-free loan for students who plan to study abroad. The vision was to provide small loans to deserving students who have performed well academically. Applicants from all over India and their strict screening by the select committee of our trustees & experts have maintained high standards in selecting deserving candidates.
Write to us at email@example.com if you are planning to study abroad and have any queries related to the Interest-Free Loan.