- Sakal India Foundation
- May 1, 2021
Benefits of Helping Others
- Ikigai: It gives you a sense of purpose and satisfaction and hence, it helps you live longer
- It helps to create stronger bonds and boosts your self-esteem
- Altrusim is contagious
- Helping Other could help in reducing chronic pain
- It promotes positive behavior and helps in dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, and loneliness
- It creates a sense of belonging and reduces isolation
- Have you heard about the ripple effect in a community? It helps to make the world a happier place –one act of kindness can often lead to more!
- The way you perceive the world becomes different. You become a glass half-full type person
- The more you do for others, the more you do for yourself
- It works on your personal growth and builds your career to a new different level
Your small act of kindness can bring a huge difference to someone’s life. Think about it!
Imagine a life dedicated towards helping others understand one’s inherent potential for good. The ability to transforms any negative circumstance into a source of growth and benefit. In Bharat Soka Gakkai, the value creation society led by Dr. Daisaky Ikeda believes in one of the key concepts which reveals around Human Revolution, the idea that the inner transformation of an individual will cause a positive change in one’s circumstances and ultimately in society as a whole, the larger web of life. A person previously overwhelmed by their own suffering can manifest the strength and wisdom to solve their own problems, change the dynamics of their interrelations and, further, take compassionate action to help others. Such transformation comes about through boldly confronting the challenges of daily life, seeking to develop one’s potential, conquering one’s negative tendencies and weaknesses and taking responsibility for one’s life and destiny. Change on a global scale comes about through this process of self-reformation in the life of individuals—from fear to confidence, from destruction to creativity, from hatred to compassion. It believes that each individual has the power to develop a life of great value and creativity and to positively influence their community, society and the greater web of life of which we are all a part. They also believe that the greatest fulfillment in life is found ultimately in working for the happiness of others.
How to Find the Right Opportunity to Help Others?
- While keeping others in mind, you should always do what you have always enjoyed doing but at the end of the day we should know it’s for their benefit and not ours.
- Call that friend to whom you have not spoken for a while. Even asking how you are really, like you meant it would give them a sense of belongingness.
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them,
- With your talent, you could offer to skill someone. It would not brush up the basics but also you are lending your knowledge to somebody which is noticeable as the greatest form of kindness.
- A gift of education could be hugely beneficial if you are looking forward to make a difference in the community.
- Check on someone who is going through a tough time
- Offer to help senior citizens like reading out to them some good stories as books and a good storyteller could reduce loneliness
- Use social media in a right way; do not hurl insults on someone’s comment box even thought that person is not anybody important to you. Hurling abuses and insults lowers a person’s self-confidence, dignity, morals and could be a definite harm to them if not physically, but mentally for sure. You can write something motivational, jokes, also respond to your friends’ stories who are asking for help. Even a short note saying “I am there with you” can mean a lot to them.
Don’t be Afraid to Make a Change!
The Foundation, for the academic year 2021-2022 invites applications for the above mentioned interest free loan scholarship, repayable in two years, from Indian Students proposing to pursue post-graduate studies abroad or research studies leading to Ph D in India.
The applicant must have secured confirmed admission for Post-Graduate degree in any Foreign University for academic study of not less than one year’s duration for the academic year 2020-2021 or the applicant must have valid registration, for doing research leading to Ph D in a statutory university, national institute or institution of equivalent standing in India, two years previous to the date of application for interest free Loan Scholarship.
In addition, one scholarship of Rs 10,000 (Non-refundable) will be awarded to a deserving student pursuing post-graduate studies or research leading to Ph D in Journalism satisfying above pre – conditions in India or abroad.
Those who satisfy above pre-conditions are advised to visit our website www.sakalindiafoundation.com along with a necessary documents like formal admit letter or registration letter of confirmed admission from the concerned University or Institute, mark sheets etc. You have to fill up the form and submit it on our website only. No need of hard copy.
The students expressed that unlike other scholarships, which are granted on the basis of the social and economic background of the family, the foundation judges a student purely on the basis of their merit.
Application Opening Date: 1st June, 2021.
Address: Sakal India Foundation, Plot No.27, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, Near PMT Depot, near Sakhar Sankul, Shivajinagar, Pune-411005
Contact No: 020 66262373 / 020 25602100 (373)
AN APPEAL FOR GENEROUS HELP
A review of the last 60 years of service rendered by Sakal India Foundation to the youth not only reflects a sense of satisfaction but also prompts and directs attention to various additional needs of young students and teachers as well.
Interest-free Loan Scholarship Form
Post a Comment