- Sakal India Foundation
- May 28, 2022
Are you preparing to study abroad after completing 12th in your home country? But don’t know where to start? Not to worry, because many students have the same dilemma of searching for the ideal destination for education. Many students across the world choose to study in a different atmosphere and environment to have a unique experience. To make your education journey memorable, you have to choose your ideal destination for education from plenty of options around the world.
Study Abroad after 12th
After finishing your 12th, you can go for an undergraduate program to study abroad. Studying abroad for an undergraduate program trains you with:
- Language skills
- Self-sufficient skills
- Leadership qualities
- Independent management
- Intercultural communication skills
- Survival skills in a different environment
All these skills give you an edge in the job market and can prove to be valuable to any organization in the current global market.
Is it Possible to Study Abroad after the 12th?
Students start to think and plan about their abroad education after the 12th. But it is very important to take guidance and plan in advance before you finish your 12th. You should know all about the courses, exams and application process to choose the right option.
How to Study Abroad after 12th?
It is not so difficult to get into international universities. You have to follow a simple process, and you will be there at your destination.
Here we present the detailed information on how you can reach abroad after completing your 12th for further studies.
1. Determine the field to study abroad:
There are several options available to students at an international institute. But you must find out the right course that suits your aptitude and interests completely. The main options for the field at the undergraduate level to study abroad are :
- Natural Sciences – A Bachelor of Science course in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and other such pure sciences.
- Engineering and Technology – A Bachelor’s course in Engineering or technology with a specialization in Computers, Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, Chemical, Industrial etc.
- Business Administration – Business administration, finance, HR, Sales, Marketing, etc.
- Arts, Architecture, and Design – Courses such as Architecture, Graphic Designing, Drama, Fine Arts, Music, Theater, etc.
- Social Sciences & Humanities – The options could be such as Psychology, History, Cultural Studies, Communications, Sociology, International relations, etc.
2. Determine the study destination:
Choosing the country where you would like to pursue your undergraduate after the 12th is a very vital decision. Factors that should be considered are:
- Cost of study.
- Research opportunities.
- Internships opportunities.
- Cost and standard of living.
Some of the popular study abroad countries are:
3. Choose the universities to study abroad:
After finalising the field of study and destination, the next choice would be the selection of universities. The decision will be based on academic and research opportunities in the department of your field of study, courses available and fees. You also have to track the application deadline and the conditions. You can check out the universities of some of the countries here:
- Universities in UK
- Universities in USA
- Universities in France
- Universities in Canada
- Universities in Germany
- Universities in Australia
4. Take the standardized tests to study abroad:
Depending on the requirements of your program, you should take the standardized tests that would qualify you for admission. The test and scores requirements differ with the courses and university you choose.
List of international exams :
- English Language Proficiency exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo or PTE.
- Other language proficiency tests such as french, german, Chinese etc.
- Tests like SAT, or ACT that would test your verbal, quantitative, reasoning and subject skills at times.
5. Apply to the Universities:
The application to the universities should be sent within the timeline. You will need to submit some of the supporting documents.
- Mark sheets,
- Score reports for the tests,
- Financial capability certificate,
- Statement of Purpose,
- Letter of Recommendation,
- Application Essays
Submit all the required documents correctly so you can get a reply if your qualifications match the criteria of admission.
6. Apply for the Student visa:
Once your admission is confirmed, your next step would be to apply for a student visa. For studying abroad, you would require a valid student visa. You can apply online. You need to fill out the application form online and submit it with the required documents. The lists of common documents are:
- A Valid Passport.
- Filled visa application form.
- Scores of Language Proficiency.
- Proof of a Bonafide Student.
- Admission letter in the abroad university.
- Transcripts of previous education.
- Financial proof of enough funds to study and stay abroad.
Related Blog: Top 15 Scholarships for Indian Students To Study Abroad!
Through Studying Abroad there are several career valued benefits one can get. Studying abroad is the initial part of your career, which creates a seamless pathway for your life.
The qualifications gained through studying abroad are recognized around the world. The crucial task is to focus on the standardized exams and language skill tests required for abroad admissions.