- Sakal India Foundation
- September 10, 2022
MBBS Abroad For Indian Students
MBBS abroad is a perfect opportunity for medical aspirants. If you want a flourishing career as a doctor, then you must consider MBBS abroad for quality education. Most countries offer high-standard medical and educational programs to international students. The MBBS program duration differs with the education system of different countries, but most universities keep six years tenure for the MBBS.
Why Study MBBS Abroad Instead Of In India
There are plenty of reasons to study MBBS Abroad Instead Of In India:
- In India, there is tremendous competition for the MBBS course.
- Studying MBBS in foreign countries opens up amazing opportunities.
- MBBS Abroad is much cheaper than private universities in India.
- NMC approves the MBBS degree offered by well-known universities abroad.
- Many of these universities are recognized by WHO as well.
- After completion of the MBBS course from renowned universities, candidates can practice abroad as well.
- These universities use top-quality machines, laboratories, and other facilities.
- Many universities allow direct admission at low fees.
- Most of the universities are located in places that are safe for the students.
- Studying MBBS from well-known study destinations increases the career options for students.
Top 7 Countries For Indian Students To Study MBBS
Every country has its parameters for medical students to let them practise medicine. The USA has its screening test for medical graduates, called the USMLE test. India has the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduates Examination) of the MCI (Medical Council of India) exam to practice medicine in India.
Medical students who want to practice medicine in India must choose an MCI-recognized medical college abroad. On mciindia.org, you can find the list of medical colleges approved by MCI. You need to take an eligibility certificate from MCI before taking admission.
Let us examine the top countries to study MBBS abroad.
1. United Kingdom (UK):
The United Kingdom is the first and foremost the best option to study medicine in Europe. Studying MBBS in the UK at one of the most prestigious universities will only add credibility to your profile, which is exceptional for your career.
Best Universities to Study MBBS in the UK:
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- University College London
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
|MBBS in the UK|
|Language Test||7 Bands in IELTS|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
2. United States of America (USA):
The next best country to study MBBS is the United States of America (USA). You can choose from 172 medical colleges to study medicine in the USA. You don’t need to have a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or neuroscience to study MBBS in the USA like in other countries. Here in the USA, the degree given after the completion is M.D and not the MBBS.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in the USA:
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Yale University
|MBBS in the USA|
|Language Test||TOEFL & IELTS|
|Medical Test||MCAT, USMLE|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Canada also does not offer an MBBS degree like the USA. The course is for MD. If you do not have a science degree, there are 5-year courses proffered in some Canadian Universities. There are also specialized NSERC scholarships for medical students.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
|MBBS in the USA|
|Language Test||TOEFL, IELTS 7 bands min.|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Germany is known for its Free Education, and the MBBS in Germany is another good option for medical students. The courses offered in English are few, and since the patient will be Germans, it is advisable to know the German Language.
Best Universities to Study MBBS in Germany:
- Heidelberg University
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Tubingen
|MBBS in Germany|
|Language Test||TOEFL, IELTS, TestDaF|
|Medical Test||TMS (not compulsory)|
|Medium of Instruction||English, German|
The courses offered to Study MBBS in France are not MBBS, but MD. A test need to be given at the end of year-1 in the study, and the student has to pass the test to continue further. MD, the equivalent to MBBS abroad in France, is also one of the lengthier courses on the list.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in France:
- Pierre and Marie Curie University
- Paris Descartes University
- Claude Bernard University Lyon 1
- Paris Diderot University
- University of Paris Sud
|MBBS in France|
|Medical Test||After 1st Year|
|Medium of Instruction||French|
Russian colleges are on the cheaper side with no compromise in the quality of education. Russia proves to be one of the great options for MBBS abroad for Indian students. The courses are offered in Russian and English, but for clinical purposes, you must have a basic knowledge of Russian.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in Russia:
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Tver State University
|MBBS in Russia|
|Language Test||Not Required|
|Medical Test||Not Required|
|Medium of Instruction||English & Russian|
|Course Duration||5+1 Years|
One of the happiest countries in the world, the Netherlands is the best option for pursuing an MBBS abroad for Indian students. The exam requirements to study MBBS abroad in the Netherlands are the same as in other European destinations. Dutch medical Universities are known for their medical courses and approach towards medicine.
Best Universities to Study Medicine in the Netherlands:
- University of Amsterdam
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Leiden University
- Maastricht University
- Utrecht University
|MBBS in the Netherlands|
|Language Test||TOEFL and IELTS, NT2, CNaVT|
|Medical Test||Colloquium Doctum (if required)|
|Medium of Instruction||English, Dutch|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
How To Choose The Right Country And University For You
There are various factors that you should keep in mind before choosing a right country and university. These factors help you to plan your stay in a foreign country:
- Generally the MBBS course starts either in September or October in most countries.
- The foreign universities accept international students on a first-come, first basis.
- Students must have some knowledge of the infrastructure provided by the Medical college.
- The winter vacation lasts from January to February in most universities.
- The summer vacation of the college happens from July to August in most universities.
- Some of the universities might have their age criteria.
- Check the university websites carefully before applying for admission.
- The accommodation facilities and food provided by the university should be examined through a connection in that country.
- University fees are an essential factor. So students should verify the prices and payment methods.
What To Expect During The Admission Process
For MBBS admission abroad, student first need to get admitted to the university. The admission process is given below:
- The student has to clear the National Medical Admission Test.
- Then the student have to fill up the online application form properly.
- After filling up the admission form, the student will get the offer letter from the university.
- Then the student have to pay the MBBS Fees in Abroad.
- After payment of fees, the student should submit the required documents (including visa process).
FAQs for MBBS Abroad
Q1. Which Are The Best Countries To Study MBBS Abroad?
Ans. Among some of the top countries for MBBS courses, students can choose from the UK, the USA, Russia, Germany, the Netherlands, and France among others.
Q2. Is studying MBBS Abroad worth it?
Ans. With access to quality education at a comparatively reasonable price, along with access to world-class infrastructure and facilities, studying MBBS abroad has become a good choice to create a lucrative career.
Q3. Which Country Has The Cheapest Course For MBBS?
Ans. The annual fees for MBBS abroad will vary from country to country. The average annual tuition fee for an MBBS in Russian Medical colleges is the lowest, usually.
The Bottom Line
MBBS abroad is comparatively more affordable than in India. Though the admissions for MBBS abroad for Indian students is through NEET score, students only have to qualify for the exam. No rank is required to get an admission. There are various other reasons for Indian students to choose MBBS abroad. One of the major reasons is that students get global exposure, and it is also a chance to experience the international healthcare system.
Looking For Interest-Free Loan Scholarships to Study Abroad?
Sakal India Foundation has been working for Student welfare, Educational Aid, and Mentoring since 1959. Interest-Free Education Loan Scholarship is the main initiative run under SIF’s schemes to encourage students who want to pursue their higher education abroad.
SIF offer an interest-free loan for students who have decided to pursue a master’s abroad. Their vision was to provide small loans to deserving students who have performed well academically. Applications from all over India and their strict screening by the select committee of our trustees & experts have raised the standard in selecting deserving candidates. You can write to email@example.com for any query related to the Interest-Free Loan.
Post a Comment