- Sakal India Foundation
- December 5, 2021
What Is MBA Dual Specialization?
Dual specialization in an MBA program offers students the option of pursuing subjects in two different areas of business administration. That may include accounting, marketing, business technologies, communications, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, operations management, organizational leadership, and other relevant subject areas.
Management students who aspire to complete two specializations enrol in several courses in each area defined by the MBA program. Some MBA programs allow students to choose more than one area of study, which constitutes a dual specialization. The specialization is not an additional degree that students may earn as part of a dual degree MBA program.
Dual MBA Duration
Dual MBA facilitates two-degree Programmes together while concentrating on two areas. MBA dual specialization is a two years post-graduation program that offers a master’s degree in any two chosen specialized fields.
Dual MBA Eligibility Criteria
The dual MBA Programme increases opportunities at the managerial level. You can pursue this program after successful completion of graduation with the following eligibility & score criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree or any postgraduate degree with minimum 50% marks aggregate for general category in any discipline from any recognized University.
- Bachelor’s degree or any postgraduate degree with minimum 45% marks aggregate for reserved category in any discipline from any recognized University.
- Final year students of any recognized university from any discipline can also apply.
- National & State Level Qualifying Test Score Card (CAT / MAH-CET / MAT / XAT / ATMA) that satisfies the eligibility criteria.
Dual MBA Admission Process
The admission process for the Dual MBA Degree Program is based on the candidate’s performance in the following sections:
- Any national level Qualifying Entrance Test (MAH-CET / CAT / XAT / MAT / ATMA) with a valid score accepted for admission.
- Past academic, sports, extra-curricular activities, performance records, & work experience can be helpful in the admission process.
- Performance in Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Dual MBA Course Average Fees
Dual MBA program fees structure usually depends on factors such as infrastructure, learning facilities, recognition & awards, extracurricular activities, placement assistance, campus amenities and student development modules facilitated by the institutes or universities. So the fee structure will always differ. But the average annual fee structure of any recognized college or university in India starts from ₹ 2.40 Lakh and above.
List of Best MBA Dual Specialization Combinations
The most common MBA dual specializations available in Top Universities and B-Schools in India:
- Marketing and Finance
- HRM and Organizational Leadership
- Marketing and Operations Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Analytics and Marketing
MBA Dual Specialization Syllabus
MBA Dual Specialization syllabus differs from university to university.
The program curriculum is divided into four semesters that give graduate students an extensive understanding of business policies, business skills, economics, marketing operations and many more.
The Program ensures of making the graduates job-ready in varied domains. The MBA Dual Specialization syllabus contains topics and subjects like:
- Principles of Management
- Managerial Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Quantitative Techniques for Business Decisions
- Economic Analysis for Business Decisions
- Personality Development Modules
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Research Methods
- International Business Policies
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Summer Internship Training Report and Presentation
- Entrepreneurship Development and most important theories and practical exposures of the specialization subject selected by students
Future Scope of Dual MBA Specialization in India
Recently, MBA dual specialization has set a paradigm for professional development. This comprehensive program is job-centric. Thus, it promises exceptional scope and career advancement.
How To Select Dual Specialization In MBA
While selecting your dual specialization, you must assess the following essential points:
- Choose a specialization of your interest that fits your career goals & future plans.
- Examine the long-term scope of the degree, specialization, placement and career prospects.
- Must have clarity about the duration of the Program.
- Examine the reputation and learning expertise of the institute from where you want to pursue the specialization.
- If you haven’t decided on the specialization, you can go for an MBA dual specialization that ensures a high Return On Investment.
Is Dual Specialization In MBA Good?
Is dual specialization in MBA good? Though both programs have their essence in the field of management, it baffles your decision during the time of final selection. When it comes to job opportunities and career development, MBA dual specialization delivers more. But you should be aware of the current and upcoming market requirements. To take the right step ahead, you should be clear with your goals, area of interest and the most important, your abilities.
Difference Between MBA and MBA-Dual Specialization
Single Specialization MBA:
The 2-year MBA Single Specialization Programme is done with only one specialization subject that will develop skills and knowledge in the specific area selected by the student like marketing, finance, business operations, or HR to handle business administration, business operations, and business management. The student will be eligible to apply for a single specialization, which narrows down job prospects.
The Program includes two areas of specialization, which gives in-depth knowledge, and competence in the areas of fields that are interconnected.
Some combinations are as follows:
- Accounting & Finance,
- Marketing & Analytics,
- Operations & Marketing,
- IT & Human Resources Management, etc.
MBA-Dual specialization will allow you to apply for jobs in one of the two fields. That means you will be open to wider opportunities.
Which MBA Dual Specialization Pays the Most
Getting a job with a handsome salary package is a dream for every individual. MBA Dual Specialization gives you a chance to fulfil your ambition.
The type of specialization you choose has a great impact on the salary. The CTC generally depend on the company’s profile or sector that you join. But the initial CTC also depends on the type of B-school from where you have pursued your Dual MBA degree program.
If you aspire to be in a good position after completing your MBA Dual Specialization, you can consider the following specialization.
Highest paying MBA Dual specializations:
- Human Resource
Therefore, choose your MBA specialization wisely.
Benefits of Dual MBA Specialization
MBA dual specialization Program prepares an aspirant with more comprehensive knowledge, expertise and skills in diverse areas of business operations. That’s why today, there is a rise in demand for MBA dual specialization.
Benefits of pursuing Dual MBA Specialization are:
- The advantage of dual specializations in MBA is much wider, and it offers value for money.
- Candidates who acquire expertise in more than one field would be much sought after by employers.
- MBA Dual specialization graduates have a wider range of job opportunities in various sectors.
- It provides versatility to your career.
- It provides a competitive edge over other MBA graduates.
Doing an MBA helps you acquire expertise and develop skills to manage real-time problems. So it’s up to you to decide which path is right for you as both MBA programs are in great demand.
Looking For Interest-Free Loan Scholarships to Study Abroad?
Sakal India Foundation has been working for Student welfare, Educational Aid, and Mentoring for almost seven decades. CDS and Interest-Free Loans are the main initiatives run under SIF for student welfare in India.
SIF offer an interest-free loan for students who plan to study abroad. Their vision was to provide small loans to deserving students who have performed well academically. Applications from all over India and their strict screening by the select committee of our trustees & experts have raised the standard in selecting deserving candidates. You can write to email@example.com for any query related to the Interest-Free Loan.
Post a Comment